Carlsberg Chill Happy Bus Shelter Project in Shanghai (May, 2009)
Following the successful launch of the interactive "Happy Bus Shelter" in Guangzhou in July, 2008,Carlsberg Chill continues to spread it to 3 important cities in Western China: Chengdu, Kunming and Xi'an in October and November. At the beginning of 2009, Carlsberg Chill finally appeared on the Shanghai market. For and further speading brand slogan “Stand up for fun”, at May 2009, “Happy Bus Shelter” came to Shanghai which attracted more than 810,000 citizens and won a lot for enhancing the brand image to the target consumer.
Opportunities and Challenges:
1. The initially launched, unique and creative interactive devices on bus station are popular with peoples. The events held in last year has won great success which sets a good stage for the Shanghai event.
2. The device will calculate the "Happiness Index" in the bus station, in order to remind all the peoples with their own mental health. It's the pioneer in nationwide so it can easily catch the media's eyes.
3. We have rarely contacted with the local media of Shanghai before, while this project needs close communication and monitoring with local printed media as we had to publish a batch of press release in Shanghai on the launch date of Happy Bus Station.
4. To well cooperate with over 30 media and make it run smoothly, it needs perfect communication skills and professional PR ability.
5. Local media of Shanghai are extremely restricted to brand information in their report, while we have to show it as more as possible ; it's really a big challenge we've ever met.
Nearly all the key printed media in Shanghai had reported the Happy Bus Station. There are in total 38 positive reports including two clippings on front pages on Xinmin Evening News and Shanghai Daily.
The wide coverage of Shanghai’s printed media caught CCTV’s attention. CCTV-News reported this event in two important new programs which are News 30 Mins and Mid-night News.
The most welcomed three local TV programs also reported this event. They are News Express, News Reports and Today’s Impression from Shanghai TV and Shanghai Style TV. The three most important broadcasting stations, Shanghai Transport Radio, Dongguang News Radio and Eastern Broadcast, also released positive reports at prime-time.
451 online media copied the report initiately, and many portals including Sina.com, 163.com, Xinhuanet.com even release detailed reports
In this project, the circulation of total printed media is about 17,790,000 which covers more than 57,370,000 readers. In total, the advertising value of this project is about RMB 889,414.
2009-5-14-Xinmin Evening News-Front Page
2009-5-15-Shanghai Day-Front Page
2009-5-14-Shanghai Evening Post-A5
2009-5-15-Shanghai Youth Daily-A07
2009-5-15-News Daily-Front Page
2009-5-15-Shanghai Morning Post-A21