In the early morning of June 30th, the “Carlsberg man” Mr. King who was selected from the APLS action before, will appear in the final game of UEFA EURO 2008. On behalf of Chinese football fans, Mr. King would award the “Man of the match” of the final game. Beyond everyone's expectations, Mr. King wore a T-shirts with slogan “Cheer up Sichuan” printed on to encouraged Sichuan compatriots in this unique and impressive way.
Our opportunity and challenge:
1. In UEFA EURO, wearing slogan printed T-shirts to award the best player has never occurred before. Carlsberg made the decision as a response to patriotic voice from Internet to support Sichuan earthquake victims.
2. This event had strong news impact power and had great potential to be widely spread. We expected this news could cover south China, central China and east China region, and for a further and deeply coverage, its coverage will be extended to the whole country.
3. In order to deliver the news at the first moment, it needs a highly efficient cooperation to dispatch and communicate with internal staff and medium.
4. At the final stage of the game, intensive and clustered medium focus will make the sports pages very limited. This may bring us lots of difficulties to deliver messages on relevant pages.
1. Successfully published 60 in 92 target medium, the publishing rate was as high as 66%.
2. The picture of Carlsberg fan awarding Torres was used by most medium, and it brought evident result.
3. The publishing of this article had been completed basically in three days. The Xinmin Evening news and Southern Metropolis Daily used feature articles to report the news, and Yangzi Evening News published our picture and news on front-page.
4. A large number of print medium and portal websites spontaneously reproduced this news. Such as Sohu.com, Sina.com, they all used front-page rolling picture to gave detailed report. Through a research from internet search engine, the news of Chinese fan wearing “Cheer up Sichuan” T-shirt awarded Torres reached to over 2,300 pieces.
Our Achievement (Media clippings):
Beijing Evening News-2008-7-1-31-Sports.jpg
Southern Metropolis Daily-2008-7-1-B03-Supplement.jpg.jpg
Yangtse Evening Post-2008-7-1-Sports Front Page.Jpg
Yangtse Evening Post-2008-7-1-A1-Front Page. Jpg