After UEFA EURO 2008 final, the surprising action that Chinese football fan wearing a T-shirt with big slogan "Cheer up Sichuan" (represented by "the T-shirt"printed on to awarded Torres attracted millions of people. However, behind this inspiring action, there was a complicated story. Although the idea of wearing slogan T-shirt got positive support from Carlsberg Denmark headquarter, it still needed to be approved by UEFA, this would spent Carlsberg organization committee much time and caused delitescent trouble. The article revealed the well-planed process behind Carlsberg's patriotic action in UEFA EURO 2008 final.
1. How to deepen Carlsberg's effort in audient's mind via letting them realize the behind-curtain story of how the T-shirt appeared in EURO 2008 final.
2. Uncovered this event deeper in acting process to strengthen Carlsberg's brand awareness and reputation in target customer, especially in sports fans.
3. As UEFA EURO 2008 has already closed, publishing article like this on sports pages brought us more difficulties.
1. After long discussion and creativity, we decided to used the word "real" in the news headline to attract audience's interests and avoid audience's reading repetition on this event.
2. The article was planed to be put on sports news pages. Through our positive and continuous communication with medium, most of their layouts reached our expectation.
3. Although the mission time was limited and medium sports pages were lack in spaces, we achieved the goal of publishing the article on all of our target medium.
Our Achievement (Media Clipping):
Spring City Evening-2008-7-9-B19-Sports.jpg